Monday, March 19, 2007

Slideshow

Ty here again. I just spent some time putting together a slide show for an fundraising event for the Jim Ratz Memorial Scholarship Fund, which allows two local kids the chance to climb the Grand Teton with Jackson Hole Mountain Guides. Jim Ratz, who died in May 2006, was the former executive director of NOLS, the President of Jackson Hole Mountain Guides, and a good friend to so many of us in Lander and beyond. The scholarship is organized by and awarded as part of the International Climbers Festival, a great event which is entering its 14th year (July 11-15, 2007 - mark your calendars).

Anyhow, I put together a slide show for entertainment at the event, which included a fabulous Indian meal cooked by Marcia Sungia (a legendary Lander chef). I digitized a bunch of my old slides (first a blog, then a digital slide show... what is next - a network television show?), so I thought that I would post a few of them here for folks to see. The show was structured to give viewers some ideas of places to visit (and even climb), and may have even featured some cowboy poetry. Unfortunately, cowboy poetry is a performance art and can't really be done justice in print, so I can't post the poem here. Plus, it may have been just a little disparaging of a certain small state in New England (but in a friendly, tongue-in-cheek sort of way of course) and I don't want to get my friends back that direction all riled up.

Anyhow, enjoy the photos. I am heading down to Colorado tomorrow to do some climbing and skiing, visit friends, and anxiously await Rose's arrival in Denver on the 3rd of April. Gotta start having some adventures so this blog doesn't bore everyone silly.




Slide Show

No comments: